In 1892 the Finnish Lutheran Church was built and was located on Second Ave. in Wakefield
In 1921 the Finnish Lutheran Church built a new brick building at 1202 Putnam St., which was later changed to the name of First Lutheran Church.
In 1964 the Church School wing was added onto the church.
In 1980 the First Lutheran Church merged with Immanuel Lutheran Church and became All Saints Lutheran Church. Immanuel Lutheran was widely attended by the Swedish population and located on PIerce St. from 1922 until its merger in 1980.
In 2014 All Saints Lutheran Church of Wakefield and Sharon Lutheran Church in Bessemer entered into a shared ministry and adopted a shared ministry logo of PSALM, Pastor Shared and Lay Ministry.